For years, architects, building owners, and facility managers relied on incomplete building system information for critical retrofit decisions.
Standard component surveys might say a lot about a discrete system like the HVAC, lighting or interior environmental controls. But what about the whole building envelope, including external walls, the roof, and windows and doors? What about the envelope’s impact on heating and cooling demand, and the corresponding opportunity to downsize the building HVAC system? How can a professional understand the interdependence of all these systems in a realistic, contextual way?
Isn’t it time an energy audit takes into account the entire building infrastructure with clear, prescriptive conclusions that speed confident decision-making?
Introducing Envelope Analysis from Pella EFCO Commercial Solutions, a breakthrough decision-support service that helps building professionals achieve potential energy savings of 30 to 40 percent.
Introducing Unmatched Energy Performance Insight
The Pella EFCO Commercial Solutions’ Envelope Analysis goes far beyond a standard component analysis. The new envelope-first approach offers a faster, more responsive way to:
- Leverage the best calculating simulation software available today
- View results of hourly energy simulations rendered through a vetted software calculating engine
- Define property characteristics simply and quickly in real-time over the Internet
- Investigate numerous “what if” scenarios by altering variables in one system and measuring their impact on building performance
- Support deep retrofit decisions with envelope-focused, simulation-based insight
There is nothing like it. Pricey engineering surveys can’t match it for overall value. Traditional component analyses fall short by failing to recognize system interdependence. It’s a 360-degree, all-building view you’ve never had before.
Tailored to Your Needs
What’s more, the Pella EFCO Commercial Solutions’ Envelope Analysis is available in two configurations, scaled to your budget and decision-support needs:
- Preliminary Analysis. A solid starting point for building energy optimization. Energy systems are rapidly assessed through interviews with building operations personnel, a review of the facility’s utility bills, and a review of the property to identify envelope energy conservation measures.
- Full Building Audit. A detailed evaluation of the building envelope and all energy systems. The audit simulates hundreds of scenarios for building energy consumption, using tools and methods not normally part of the design contract.
Architects and facility managers already hail the Envelope Analysis service for helping make the case for aggressive, deep retrofit projects.
$1 Million+ Savings Every Four Years
Take the iconic Wrigley Building in downtown Chicago. The new owners of the nearly 100 year-old landmark wanted to attract new tenants through a retrofit. But what should the retrofit focus on? The Envelope Analysis revealed the building envelope accounted for 41 percent of the energy use and 32 percent of the building energy cost. Bottom line: Retrofit improvements would save $276,000 per year in energy costs (27 percent savings) with a payback in about 15 years, while supporting the architect's objective to return the building to its original iconic aesthetics.
Comfort and Aesthetics, Too
In another first, the Envelope Analysis also measures occupant comfort and aesthetic improvements. Quantifiable ASHRAE standards help pinpoint improvements to occupant comfort while before-and-after simulations demonstrate aesthetic enhancements that have the potential to lift property value and attract quality tenants.
Your decision to retrofit a property is a critical business decision. Shouldn’t your decision be supported by the best available information? To learn more about the Pella EFCO Commercial Solutions’ Envelope Analysis tool, plan to visit Booth #1053 at the AIA National Convention June 26-28 in Chicago.